This pure Federal Era House, was built in 1816 by Judge Jeremiah Sullivan. He lived in it with his wife and family until his death in 1870. He was a Virginia gentleman, a graduate of William and Mary College, a soldier and prominent lawyer throughout Indiana.
He was appointed a Judge of the Supreme Court of Indiana and sat upon the bench of that court from 1837 to 1848. It was during this time that he rose to fame through his legal decisions and opinions, decisions that are used to this day. He had the honor of naming the city of Indianapolis.